Panama! 6/30

Just a quick update to let everyone know that we made it out of Providencia after only 6 weeks, and are now safely tied up to the dock at the Bocas Yacht Club and Marina in Bocas Del Toro, Panama.
We kept waiting for a decent weather window to make the trip at first just to the island of San Andres only 60 miles away. The weather centers kept predicting 8′ seas and bigger,  so we didn’t leave. Finally the sea prediction went down to only 6 feet, so we decided to make a run for it. Because we were in Providencia for 6 weeks already, we decided to go straight through to Panama. Most of the trip was great.  The winds on the beam. The seas somewhat behind us. In good company with two other boats. (Jasdip & Sylvester) Everything was great… Until the second night. We got caught in the middle of a serious thunder-storm. The good Lord was looking out for us though, and somehow we didn’t get struck by lighting. Sylvester, who was close by, lost all their electronics temporarily after a strike.  Any way we made it, and have now been in Panama for a week.

The weather delay in Providencia gave us the opportunity to stay through most of Carnival. I have some pictures and will tell more about it in the next post.

Comments are closed.